Monday, December 14, 2015

Driftwood by Harper Fox

DriftwoodDriftwood by Harper Fox
My rating: 4.3 stars out of 5.



A doctor, and veteran of war, has isolated himself in a crumbling rental with a cairn outside his home in memory of his dead love. The doctor finally wakes up to life to care about another man who is in an abusive relationship.

This author writes beautifully and hits some good high and low points for the doctor and his love.  This had a nice ending too. 

However the condom thing bugged me. In stories we either push condom use like constant lectures to the readers or we try to be more realistic in that the ideal is not always followed in real life or we have supernatural, or other reasons, why condoms are not used. The doctor in this story, a medical doctor, was a bit lax with the condom non-use so that kind of bugged me. Other than that I enjoyed this tale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment