Friday, October 23, 2015

Would You Date a Soldier?

Basic TrainingBasic Training by Marquesate
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the military and gay? This was incredibly well done military romance. Never having been in the military (and the only British thing about me is my Mum and her cousins) I thought I'd struggle a bit with the book but it was simply great. Top notch really.

You have a gay soldier, Colin, soon to retire from the military and just learning to deal with the fact that he is gay (and a gay virgin at that I believe so this was a well written OFY). Colin's thoughts and feelings are very believable and understandable.

Colin's younger soldier boyfriend, Chris, has been openly gay since joining the military with the UK's more open attitude to gender identity and equality though it was still a struggle of course.

So there was a difference in how both men dealt with their own gender identities and also with their 14 year age difference. Then there was so much more to this story as well but rather than feel exhaustion I'm so happy with their HEA.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment