Thursday, October 29, 2015

Tasty Blueberries

Blueberry BoysBlueberry Boys by Vanessa North
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blueberry Boys hit all the right notes for me so 5 stars out of 5.

I enjoyed the major characters Connor and Jed. It was great to see how Vanessa was able to bring them together and give them their HEA in the end of the story.

I liked the minor characters as well, even reading about Connor’s miserable brother made everything seem a bit more real.

Connor and Jed both had challenging families and kind of sad childhoods if Connor being teased at school for being gay and Jed’s homeschooling with a somewhat strict religious upbringing as sad. I certainly consider those as sad childhoods.

However I was kind of ticked that Jed moved into Connor’s life at the end rather than the other way around which, yes, would have been almost impossible to do but still.  Of course Jed was only leasing Connor’s land and it needed to sell, especially for Scott but somewhat for Connor too and .... Fine, Vanessa's HEA was the one that made sense and I am happy for this loving couple.

Extra points to Vanessa for making Connor not have a perfect body (though Jed seemed to think it was quite nice). And I’d certainly love to help Jed calm down his stutter. Sigh.


*Copy provided by the publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment