Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Nanowrimo. Do I or don't I?

It's that time of year and once again I am doubting my abilities to compete in Nanowrimo

It's not that I don't want to write but it's more a sense of frustration knowing that I am unlikely to take the time to properly edit my first draft I will be spewing into the world.  Maybe it's just that I'm lazy or maybe I just doubt my ability to come up with a decent story. 

I know I can write and win the word count but...  Hmm, but wait!  Should I really be hoping for more than a first draft?  Only I can change my future. 

I used to say to friends that I'm going to write my future the way I want it to be.  When did I forget I had the power to do that? 

Nanowrimo will be a DO this year.  Guess I just needed to see this in print. 

Good luck to everyone that competes and remember it's up to you if you actually want to get your story edited one day and into the big bad world.  Spewing a story out is one thing, getting a decent novel out of it is the step after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment